Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NFL Thoughts for the Week


The Colts pulled it out against Houston. I watched the first half before turning it off in frustration, but then I looked at the score later and it was a one possession game in the fourth quarter, which is exactly the situation you want to be in when you have Andrew Luck at quarterback. Luck was able to lead the team on a game winning drive, making the final score 27-24. This was the 10th game winning drive of Luck's career, an NFL record for the most ever by a player in his first two years. The best part is that Luck isn't even done yet. The Colts are only halfway through the season, so Luck should have a few more chances to get game winning drives and lead the teams to wins.
I was surprised by Nick Foles and the Eagles, as he threw for seven touchdowns, tying an NFL record. I think that Chip Kelly is finally reaching his goals with the Eagles, as his fast pace offense we were so used to at Oregon is finally working. They were able to score 49 points in just three quarters. Thursday night had a great finish. I don't know if anyone has ever lost a game in overtime because of a safety. I was again amazed by the Kansas City defense, who gave up just 13 points and scored the team's only two touchdowns. The Rams finally got their running game going as they not only got their first rushing TD of the year, but they scored twice. I'm a little worried about it as the Colts play them next week, and they gave up a lot of rushing yards to Houston last week, but I'm also confident enough in the Colts defense that I picked them up in fantasy this week since the Cowboys are playing the Saints.
Fantasy wise, I pulled out a win last week thanks to a big Monday night from Matt Forte. I started Forte again this week along with Pittsburgh running back LeVeon Bell, who has been running like an animal the last few weeks. I have both of my top receivers, AJ Green and Anquan Boldin back in my starting lineup. I did pick up Percy Harvin, as he will be back in a few weeks, and I think he will have a big impact when he is back. The big problem is Aaron Rodgers injury. I picked up Houston QB Case Keenum, as he threw for over 300 yards against a Colts secondary that is usually very good. He should be able to be productive for me when I need him. I am a game out of first place and I'm playing the first place team this week, so it is a huge game for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment