Wednesday, October 30, 2013

NFL thoughts for the week


I am a huge Colts fan, so last week was rather boring for me due to the bye week. This week they play the Texans on Sunday night. Before the season this was one of the games I had circled on the calender as a huge one in determining who will win the division. At this point in the season, the Colts have pretty much shown that they will win the division. This is a great chance at showing the world that they can continue the success they experienced against Denver and get another win. These are the kind of game the team tends to lose, as it is much similar to the situation when they fell to the Chargers a few weeks ago. They came into that game on a winning streak off a big win over the Seahawks. It was a prime time Monday night game and they failed to score a touchdown the entire game. They should be able to avoid that again this week. They just need Andrew Luck to play his game. The defense needs to lock up their coverage as well as the did against Denver. If Vontae Davis can shut down Andre Johnson the way he shut down Demaryius Thomas, they should be able to stop Case Keenum from throwing the ball effectively. They will have a tough time stopping Arian Foster and that run game, but they were able to limit both Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, and Knowshon Moreno in the past so I expect that they can do it again.
I didn't actually watch much football on Sunday, but one of the games i did watch was the Loins and the Cowboys. That was one of the most exciting games of the year. Calvin Johnson played great, getting over 300 yards and almost breaking the record for yards in a game. He is easily the best wide out in the NFL and if he continues like this he might be the greatest of all-time. The Vikings were able to score 31 points against the Packers on Sunday night, which really surprised me. I didn't watch any of it but it seems their offensive struggles might be getting a little better. The Broncos looked bad early against Washington. I watched the first half and they were down 21-7. The two Mannings reversed roles on Sunday as Peyton threw 3 picks while Eli didn't have any for the second week in a row.
My fantasy team got to 3-5 for the season with a huge win this week. I am still only 1 game out of first place in my division as the other three teams are all 4-4. I play our defending league champion this week. He beat me in the championship last year and i want revenge. It will be tough though as both of my tight ends, Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas have bye weeks. I picked up Coby Fleener to play this week, but I don't know hoe well he will do. I try not to get Colts players much because I am too biased and overrate them, but I did have Reggie Wayne as one of my top receivers. I should be fine without him since i still have both AJ Green and Anquan Boldin, but Boldin had his bye this week and Green's is coming up soon. I picked up Golden Tate from Seattle to start for me this week. He had some big plays in a close win over the Rams on Monday night and they are playing against the winless Buccaneers this week. My opponent hasn't set his lineup yet, so as of now, his quarterback and both receivers are on byes. Hopefully he forgets and I can beat him quite easily. That is all I really have to say about the NFL this week. I can't wait for the Colts game Sunday night, Ill be tweeting about it throughout the game. You can follow me on twitter @dylan10110.

No comments:

Post a Comment